Are you planning to straighten your crooked teeth to get a great new smile, but the fear and hesitation of wearing conventional braces hold you back? Invisalign clear aligners, one of the most popular orthodontic solutions these days, is a perfect alternate option for conventional metal braces.
Invisalign uses a set of transparent, removable aligners manufactured from a medical-grade polymer and uses 3D computer imaging technology to align the teeth gently to their desirable, correct position.
For fitting the Invisalign aligners, dentists utilize 3-D computer imaging technology to fabricate custom-made aligners for each phase of the treatment. Invisalign is an advanced, comfortable, and convenient treatment option that straightens the teeth without using any sharp pieces like metal braces or wires.
What Dental Conditions Can Invisalign Aligners Treat?
Invisalign aligners can benefit people who suffer from the following dental conditions:
- Crooked teeth
- Underbite, overbite, or crossbite
- The excessive gap between teeth
- Open Bite
- Overlapped or poorly positioned teeth
- Crowded teeth
Advantages of Invisalign Treatment
The use of Invisalign aligners offer the following benefits:
- They are virtually invisible and less noticeable and do not affect the aesthetics of the wearer's smile as they are fabricated from clear plastic.
- The results produced by Invisalign aligners are faster and accurate than traditional metal braces.
- The wearer can remove Invisalign aligners while having food, during brushing, flossing, etc. Hence, the wearer's oral hygiene is not compromised. Besides, as the aligners can be removed while having food, you can eat whatever you want, unlike metal braces.
- Using Invisalign aligners does not cause any discomfort to the wearer as they do not involve any metal parts.
- Invisalign aligners can also be used to improve the relapsing tooth movement after removing the conventional braces.
Health Benefits of Wearing Invisalign Aligners
Misaligned teeth with an improper bite can lead to various oral health issues, including tooth decay, cavities, gum disease, jaw pain, periodontal disease, and TMJ discomfort. By treating teeth malocclusion and crookedness with Invisalign aligners help fix these dental concerns.
How to Take Care of Invisalign?
- Clean the Invisalign aligners under clear water regularly.
- Do not clean the Invisalign aligners using abrasive materials.
- Do not eat anything wearing Invisalign.
- Follow proper oral hygiene habits and practices.
- Place the Invisalign aligners in their storage case once you take them off from the mouth.
If you wish to learn more about Invisalign aligners, call 4th and Morris Dentistry at (425) 226-6227 or schedule an appointment online.