Everything You Need to Know About Dental Exams and Cleaning
Posted by 4th and Morris Dentistry on Sep 22 2021, 08:51 AM
Ṭhere are several steps that one should follow to ensure the health and aesthetics of the teeth and mouth. Getting your teeth checked and cleaned in 4th and Morris Dentistry at least every six months is one important action among them.
As per the American Dental Association, everyone should visit their dentist for regular dental exams and cleaning once every six months.
Why are dental checkups and cleanings important?
4th and Morris Dentistry always recommend our patients to be regular on their dental checkups besides following proper oral hygiene practices at home.
Everyone knows the importance of brushing and flossing twice a day, along with the use of an alcohol-free mouthwash. However, maintaining proper oral hygiene habits at home is not enough to prevent dental diseases. Here comes the relevance of biannual dental checkups and professional teeth cleanings.
Dental Cleaning and Examination
Dental cleaning at 4th and Morris Dentistry involves removing the accumulated plaque and tartar from the surface of the teeth. This helps ensure that conditions like tooth decay and gum diseases are prevented. During the dental examination, our dentist analyses the health of the patient's teeth and gums to determine any problems during their initial stage and provide appropriate treatments before the dental issue gets worse.
We recommend you schedule an appointment with our dental office if you haven't had a dental examination and cleaning in several months.
Here are the major advantages a patient can enjoy while having dental examination and cleaning at 4th and Morris Dentistry:
The Benefits of Dental Cleaning
- Dental cleaning is done to eliminate plaque accumulation from the teeth and gums.
- This procedure gives a neat and polished appearance to the teeth.
- A dental cleaning can help to prevent dental diseases and other dental emergencies.
- Dental cleaning helps remove bad breath.
- By undergoing a dental cleaning procedure, one can have bright and shining teeth.
What Happens During a Teeth Cleaning Appointment
During the teeth cleaning session at 4th and Morris Dentistry, our dental hygienist will do the following:
- Clean the patient's teeth and remove the accumulated plaque and tartar.
- The teeth are polished to eliminate stains and make the teeth smooth.
- We apply fluoride gel to the teeth to restore the strength of the enamel.
- We will provide guidance to our patients to help them practice proper oral hygiene practices and answer their queries regarding maintaining good oral health.
What Happens During a Dental Examination?
During a dental examination, our dentist will conduct the following procedures:
- We will conduct a visual examination of the patient's mouth and teeth thoroughly.
- We will do a detailed dental examination using digital imaging procedures like X-rays if we detect any signs of dental diseases during the visual examination.
- We will formulate a precise treatment plan if we detect any abnormal signs or symptoms in the mouth like cysts, bone loss, or tumors.
The Benefits of Dental Examination
- A dental examination helps detect early signs of dental diseases, including cavities and decay.
- If there is plaque or tartar accumulation in the mouth, a dental examination can help identify them.
- It helps to identify the onset of any kind of infection in the mouth.
- Gum diseases can be detected and treated at the earliest through a dental examination.
- A detailed dental examination helps identify the symptoms of severe dental conditions like oral cancer and get treatments without any delay.
If you wish to know more about regular dental cleanings and examinations, contact our dental experts at 4th and Morris Dentistry by calling us at (425) 226-6227 or booking an appointment online.